About Uttar Pradesh Common Entrance Test for Dental
- Uttar Pradesh common admission test (UPCAT BDS)is conducted by Association of Private Medical dental colleges of Uttar Pradesh for offer admission in Bachelor of dental surgery (BDS) Program in various dental colleges of Uttar PradeshIt is a National level exam.Candidates who are qualified in the entrance exam and having the eligibility criteria can get admission into different institutes.
You can apply in following ways:
- Approach your nearest member college with Cash of Rs. 1500/- and buy the Prospectus and Application Form. List of member colleges is here.
- Download Application Form from here and fill it. Send it along with a Demand Draft of Rs. 1600/- in favour of "Association of Private Medical & Dental Colleges of Uttar Pradesh" payable at Bareilly to our Bareilly office. Address of Bareilly office as follows:-Coordinator UPCAT DENTAL BDS,Keshlata Hospital,Delapeer, Bareilly - 243122,Uttar Pradesh,India
No candidate shall be allowed to be admitted to the Dental Curriculum of first Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) Course until:
- He / She shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, of the year of admission to the BDS course
- He / She has passed qualifying examination as under
- The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 higher secondary examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two year of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination and in addition must have come in the merit list prepared as a result of such competitive by securing not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together in the competitive examination.
- In respect of candidates belonging to Schedule Casts, Schedule Tribes or any other categories notified by the Government the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together in qualifying examination & competitive entrance examination be 40% instead of 50% as stated above.
- Provided that a candidate who has appeared in the qualifying examination the result of which has not been declared, he may be provisionally permitted to take up the competitive entrance examination and in case of selection for admission to the BDS course, he shall not be admitted to that course until he fulfils the eligibility criteria as per above regulations.
Pattern of UPCAT-Dental:
- Type of Test: objective type
- Time Duration:180 minutes
- No of Questions and Marks: 200 questions of 200 marks.
- Subjects included: 50 questions each for Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany.
- Test Language : English
- The syllabus for entrance examination will be as per the 10 + 2 examination (ICSE/CBSE/U.P. Board or equivalent).
- The candidate is required to answer 200 MCQs in 3 hours.
- Each question shall carry equal marks.
- All questions will be objective type with Multiple (1, 2, 3, 4) choice of which, only one will be the appropriate response and therefore the correct choice.
- Each correct answer will be awarded one mark.
- Zero marks shall be given to no response.
- There will be no negative marking for incorrect answer or more than one choice indicated against a question.
|Application Start Date
|Application End Date
Association of Private Medical and Dental Colleges of Uttar Pradesh