NEST Scholarship 2021: The Nationwide Education and Scholarship Test (NEST) is sponsored officially by the Student Unity Foundation of India and brought about by the Shrimanji Events Management Center India (SEMCI). NEST conducts Junior and Senior level exams and awards scholarships accordingly. Candidates have to pay exam fees to apply for the test and avail of scholarship facilities. This article gives detail information about NEST Scholarship 2021 that includes the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application form process, documents required, selection process, syllabus, exam pattern, rewards and benefits.
NEST Scholarship 2021 Application Form Process
The application process is simple and easy to follow. Candidates have to follow the instructions and guidelines carefully in order to apply. The step wise details are mentioned below:
- Go to the official website link for accessing the application form: [www.nest.net.in]
- Download the application form.
- Take a hard copy print out of the application form.
- Fill up all details in the application form correctly.
- Paste recent passport size photo of candidate in the space provided.
- Application fee should be remitted in the form of DD, to be drawn in favour of SEMCI India, should be payable at Mumbai, India.
- Attach the application form with the DD and post it to the following address: [SEMCI India, B-1, Piccadilly Flats, 57-J, Clare Road, Byculla, Mumbai – 400 008]
Please Note: Candidates should note that no formal attestations or verification are required for the application form whatsoever. Those students who wish to apply in groups of 2 or 3 should combine the amounts and draw a cumulative DD for the purpose. The applications, together with the cumulative DD, shall be posted in such a case.
NEST Scholarship Rewards
The various rewards and benefits available to selected candidates as part of NEST scholarship are discussed below. Rewards are given out in 4 levels, they are:
- NEST Junior I – For the 1st rank holder, INR 40,000 shall be awarded. Subsequently, the next 10 selected students in the list shall be awarded INR 25,000.
- NEST Junior II – For the 1st rank holder, INR 50,000 shall be awarded. Subsequently, the next 10 selected students in the list shall be awarded INR 30,000.
- NEST Senior II – For the 1st rank holder, INR 75,000 shall be awarded. Subsequently, the next 10 selected students in the list shall be awarded INR 35,000.
- NEST Senior II – For the 1st rank holder, INR 1, 00,000 shall be awarded. Subsequently, the next 10 selected students in the list shall be awarded INR 40,000.
NEST Scholarship – Terms and Conditions
The relevant terms and conditions are given below:
- The NEST exam is usually conducted on the last Sunday every year.
- Exam takes place in around 65 cities [test centers] in the country.
- Certificates of appreciation shall be awarded to all students who score above 40% in the written exam. [For candidates who attempt all 5 sections of the test]
- Syllabus and exam pattern is very similar to other national level entrance exams like CET/ GATE etc.
- Exam shall be of multiple choice questions only.
- Exam shall consist of 200 questions of 200 marks for duration 2 hours.
- Candidates will be allotted grades from A to C.
- Schools and colleges who wish to collectively send groups of applications shall collect extra processing fee of INR 25 per head/per applicant.
- Admit cards shall be sent to individual candidates via their e-mail ID. They will be dispatched a week before the actual exam dates.
- Results shall be declared in the first week of April every year on the official website.
NEST Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
For NEST Junior Scholarship, the following eligibility conditions are applicable.
- NEST Junior I – All students who are currently studying or going to pass out from their class 9th or class 10th can apply.
- NEST junior II – All students who are currently studying or going to pass out from their class 11th or class 12th can apply.
For NEST Senior Scholarship, the following eligibility conditions are applicable.
- NEST Senior I – Candidates who are currently studying in the 1st and 2nd year degree courses in engineering/ MBBS/ BAMS/ BHMS/ BUMS/ BDS/ BCA/B.Sc can apply. Candidates who are pursuing final year in Diploma in engineering can also apply. Candidate should have pursued the science stream in class 12th.
- NEST Senior I – Candidates who are currently studying in the 3rd and 4th year degree courses in engineering/ MBBS/ BAMS/ BHMS/ BUMS/ BDS/ BCA/B.Sc [Computer science and IT fields] can apply.