Maharashtra Engineering Services (Mechanical), Group-A & B (Main) Examination
|Organization Name||Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC)|
|Advertisement Number||17 & 18/2022|
|Name of the Posts||Assistant Engineer, Assistant Engineer Architecture and other|
|Number of Vacancies||1145 Vacancies|
|Job Category||Maharashtra Govt Jobs|
|starting Date||30 September 2022|
|Last Date||14 October 2022|
A Total of 1145 jobs are Mentioned in this MPSC Recruitment.
|Categories||No. of Post|
|Assistant Executive Officer||7|
|Assistant Mission Home Architecture Group-A||21|
|Assistant Engineer Architecture Group-B||553|
|Department of Public Works|
|Assistant Executive Office Architect||6|
|Assistant Engineer Architecture Group -A||16|
|Assistant Engineer Architecture Group -B||264|
|Soil and Water Conservation Department|
|Sub Divisional Water Officer, Architectural Group-A||84|
|General Officer Architecture Group-B||114|
Three stages, as given below. Preliminary Written test is combined for all Engineering disciplines. Mains exams are conducted individually for any Engineering discipline based on vacancy.
Exam Pattern and Details
ENGINEERING DISCIPLINE (CE/ME/EE)
|TOTAL MARKS (MAINS)||400|
|*Prelims Exam marks are not counted along with final Marks of Stage II|
Syllabus of MPSC Engineering Services (Mechanical) Gr.A & B (Main) Exam
Syllabus of Mechanical Engineering- Paper - I
1. Applied Thermodynamics – Zeroth law of Thermodynamics, First law of Thermodynamics, Second law of Thermodynamics, calculation of work and heat in various processes; Second law of Thermodynamics; Thermodynamics property charts and tables, availability and irreversibility, Thermodynamic relations.
2. Fluid Mechanics and Turbomachinery – Fluid definition and properties, Newton’s Law of viscosity concept of continuum, Classification of fluid, Fluid statics, manometry, buoyancy, force of submerged bodies, stability of floating bbodies, viscous flow of incompressible fluid, boundary layer, elementary turbulent flow, flow through pipes, head losses in pipes. Impulse and reaction principles, velocity diagrams, Pelton-wheel, Francis and Kaplan turbines.
3. Heat Transfer – Modes of heat transfer; one dimensional heat conduction, resistance concept and electric analogy, heat transfer through fins; unsteady heat conduction, lumped parameter system, thermal boundary layer, dimensionless parameters in free and forced convective heat transfer, heat exchanger performance, LMTD and NTU methods; radiative heat transfer, Stefan Boltzmann law.
4. Refrigeration and Air Conditioning. Vapour and gas refrigeration and heat pump cycle; properties of moist air, psychrometric chart, basic psychrometric processes.
5. Internal Combustion Engine Classification of I.C. Engine, circle Analysis of IC, SI, CI engines, Super charging/ Turbocharger Performance characteristics of SI and CI, Air pollution due to IC engine and its norms, engine fuels, engine lubricants, engine cooling, Introduction to CNG, LPG, wankle engines etc., Recent development in IC engine.
Syllabus of Mechanical Engineering- Paper - II
1) Strength of Materials Stress and Strain, Elastic Constants: Poission's Ratio, Modulus of elasticity, Modulus of rigidity, Bulk modulus, Shear Force and Bending Moment diagram, Deflection of Beams, Thin Cylindrical and Spherical Shells, Strain Energy, Torsion.
2) Theory of Machines and Vibration Kinematics - Structure, Machine, Link and its types, Kinematics pairs, Kinematic chain and mechanism, Grubler's criteria, Inversions of kinematics chains, inversions of-four bar chain, single slider crank chain and double slider crank chain. Displacement, Velocity and acceleration analysis of plane mechanisms; dynamic analysis of linkages; cams; gears and gear trains; flywheels and governors; balancing of reciprocating and rotating masses; gyroscope.
Free and forced vibration of single degree of freedom systems, effect of damping , vibration isolation, resonance critical speeds of shafts.
3) Design of Machine Elements Design consideration in castings & forgings, theories of failure, Design for static loadings, Design against fluctuating loads, Design of shafts, Design of springs, Design of belts.
4) Materials Technology Strain Hardening, Constitution of Alloys, Iron-Carbon Equilibrium Diagram, Heat Treatment of Steels, Cast Irons, Introduction to International Standards/Codes, Non Ferrous Metals and Alloys, Fatigue Failure, Creep, Alloy Steels, Strengthening mechanism, Powder Metallurgy.
5) Production Process, Planning and Control Casting, Forming and Joining Processes - Non Destructive Techniques, Mechanics of machining; basic machine tools; single and multi-point cutting tools, tool geometry and materials, tool life and wear; economics of machining; principles of non-traditional machining processes; principles of work holding, design of jigs and fixtures.
|Application Start Date||:||
12th May 2022
|Application End Date||:||
1st June 2022
21st December 2022
Maharashtra Public Service Commission