Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) is conducted to offer admissions to candidates in various engineering colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu. TNEA counselling 2021 is a single-window process and admissions in Tamil Nadu engineering colleges are offered through such a process because authorities believe that such an initiative facilitates transparency. TNEA rank list is used to offer admissions to candidates in undergraduate programmes like Bachelors of Engineering (BE) and Bachelors of Technology (B Tech) in colleges of Tamil Nadu.
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions
Commonly Known As
Anna University, Chennai
TNEA 2022 Important Dates
Know complete TNEA dates below for the 2022 admission session:
||Dates 2022 (Announced)
|TNEA 2022 Notification
||8th June 2022
|Application Form availability
||20th June 2022
|Last date to apply
||19th July 2022
|Random numbers allotment
||22nd July 2022
||20th to 31st July 2022
|Release of rank list/ merit list
||8th August 2022
||9th to 14th August 2022
|Counselling for special reservation category
||16th to 18th August 2022
|Commencement of General category
||22nd August to 14th October 2022
|End of counselling
||18th October 2022
TNEA 2022 Application Form
Check complete details related to TNEA 2022 application form in the below given section:
- TNEA 2022 application form will be released on 20th June 2022.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form through online mode.
- Students will follow various application process – Online registration, filling of application details, uploading of images, payment of application fee, printing of form.
- Complete application form must be filled correctly as no correction will be allowed after the submission of form.
- Last date to submit the application form will be till 19th July 2022.
- After completion of application students will be required to submit their application along with some necessary documents at the below mentioned address:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions,
Anna University, Chennai – 600025.
Necessary Documents to be submitted are:
- 10th and 12th Mark sheets and Pass Certificates
- 12th Class Hall Ticket
- Transfer Certificate
- First graduate certificate and first graduate joint declaration
- Permanent community certificate
- Nativity certificate (If applicable)
- Relevant documents showing proof of Army personnel
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee certificate, etc.
- Candidates must pay application fee by online mode using debit card/ credit card/ net banking method.
- For General candidates the fee will be Rs.500 and for reserved candidates fee will be Rs.250.
TNEA 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Know about TNEA Eligibility criteria details before filling the application form:
- Candidates of Tamil Nadu who have passed 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th standard from the schools located in the Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply and need not show any nativity certificate.
- Candidates who have passed their 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th standard or its equivalent exam from schools located outside of Tamil Nadu state can also apply but have to show original nativity certificate only in electronic form/ digitally signed e-certificate.
- Children of Central Govt. / PSUs Employees/ All India Tamil Nadu cadre officers are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee studied in Tamil Nadu state will be considered under open competition. Such candidates must produce their –
- Identification certificate issued by Head Quarters Tahsildar.
- Original passport, visa, letter registered with police station (only for those not registered in the refugee camp).
- For candidates applying for marine engineering, they must have attained age of 25 years to be eligible.
- Applying candidates must have passed 12th/ HSC or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Candidate must have passed his /her HSC level with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.
- Students in Intermediate level must have passed with minimum of 50% marks for general candidates; 45% marks for OBC & 40% marks for SC/ ST/ MBC/ DNC/ SCA candidates.
- Students applying for marine engineering, must have passed 12th level with PCME subjects securing 60% marks in PCM and 50% marks in English.