M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology
- M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology or Master of Science in Wood Science & Technology is a postgraduate Agriculture Science and Technology course.
- The Wood Sciences and Technology Program are designed to prepare students for the challenges of a wood products industry career.
- This programme covers theoretical and practical aspects of Wood Utilization for Industries and Wood Science & Technology, such as Anatomical Structure, Wood Physics, Wood Chemistry, Timber Mechanics, Adhesives, Saw Milling, Seasoning, Preservation Working & Finishing, Plywood, Particle & Fibre-Board, Reconstituted Structural Timber, Energy Usage, and Processing & Use of Plantation Grown Wood, Wood Biodegradation, and Statistics & Computer Applications.
- The course includes a 4-month dissertation on a problem of industrial nature. The duration of the course two years and after its successful passing they have many career options in various fields.
M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology Job Types
- Design Engineer
- Product Development Engineer
- Project Manager
- Market Researcher
- Image Processing Engineer
- Consulting Wood Technologist
- Research Engineer
- Research Associate
- Research Scientist
M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology Eligibility
- Graduation in relevant subjects with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Some of the very reputed universities and institutes conduct entrance examination to get admission to the degree course.