BACHELORS IN SOCIAL STUDY
Bachelor of Arts in Social Science is an undergraduate Social Science program. Social science is the field of study concerned with society and human behaviors. A social science course is a group of subjects focused on what influences humans and their society to act in a way and how these actions can be monitored and modified.
Students may study theories, methodologies and applications focused on how the principles of behavior evolved based on societies and cultures, and they may learn or analyze the commonalities and differences between these societal impacts. Students can gain skills in critical and creative thinking, problem-solving, decision-making, and research while acquiring comparative, multiple and worldview perspectives.
- The candidate can apply for correspondence as well as distance courses.
- The Students has the follow the 3 years course as a semester pattern, i.e. 6 semesters during the entire course.
BA Course Curriculum
- B.A. Social Science (Correspondence/ Distance Education)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) - Social Work
- BA English
- BA Political Science
- BA History
- BA Psychology
- BA Philosophy
- BA Economics
- BA Sociology
- BA Geography
- BA Anthropology
- BA Rural Studies
There are several entrance exams been conducted for the admission in the mentioned course. Some of them are:
- TISS – Tata Institute of Social Sciences Entrance Examination (TISS)
- Aligarh Muslim University Social Science Entrance Exam (AMU SSEE)
- Jawaharlal Nehru University School of Social Sciences Entrance Examination (JNUEE)
- Indira Gandhi Open University School of Social Sciences Entrance Examination
- Delhi University Entrance Exam (DUET)
- Banaras Hindu University Unger-graduate Entrance Test (BHU UET)
- Presidency University, Kolkata (PUBDET)
Several Institutes offers BA in their curriculum, some of the top college are as follows:
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai
- Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
- Aligarh Muslim Univerisity, UP
- Delhi University, Delhi
- Banaras Hindu University, Banaras
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi
The field of Social Studies offers a wide range of career options for students.
- Archaeologist: An archaeologist is a professional who studies the origin, development, and behavior of human beings.
- Teacher/ Professor: Candidates interested in the field of academics can choose to be a teacher in a school or a professor in college/ university after attaining required qualification.
- Historian: A historian researches, analyses as well as interprets the past as recorded in various sources such as newspapers, government records, photographs, films, interviews, letters, unpublished manuscripts, etc.
- Statistician: A statistician is a professional who gathers numerical data and then displays it, thereby helping companies to make sense of the data, spot trends and make predictions.
It may vary from RS. 20,000-40,000.