DIPLOMA IN GARMENT TECHNOLOGY
Garment Technology involves the manufacturing, materials, and design innovations that have been developed and used. The timeline of clothing and textiles technology includes major changes in the manufacture and distribution of clothing.
- This Course is of duration for 3 year.
- In some Institutes, this course is either termed as Certification in Garment Technology as well.
- This course is a full time learning course.
- NIFT centers offers the course of the same name with duration of 2 years, while School of Design offers the course with one-year duration.
- The minimum criteria for the course is 10 or Matric.
- The student must have passes the matric from an UGC approved institution and have qualified the Joint Entrance Test.
- State Polytechnic Test (SET)
- Joint Entrance Test (JET)
- School of Design, Chennai
- SMRK Arts SBKC and Athawale Kulkarni Home Science Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Nasik
- Bangalore Institute of Fashion Technology - BIFT, Bangalore
- Government Institute of Garment Technology, Amritsar
- Dr. Dharmambal Government Polytechnic for Women, Chennai
- Branded Retail Stores
- Jute/Cotton/Silk Companies
- Fashion Designing Companies
Future Scope/ Job Sectors
- Trainee- Candidates who have completed their course can initially join as trainee in big garment manufacturing firms and they can slowly acquire higher positions based on their performance.
- Assist. Production Head- This job can be performed in large companies.
- Entrepreneur- Candidates can also after gaining some years of experience can become entrepreneurs by starting their own garment designing.
- Fabric Technologist