Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) admission for the session 2020-21 is going to start from the 1st week of March. The official announcement has not been made yet in this regard.
Last year the online registration for admission to Class I in Kendriya Vidyalayas for the academic year 2019-20 was started from March 1, 2019 and the last date to submit online application was March 19, 2019.
Once the process for registration begins online, prospective candidates can apply online through the designated admission portal - https://kvsonlineadmission.in and also through mobile app.
The official application for the admission for the academic year 2020-21 can be downloaded from - https://kvsonlineadmission.in/apps/. Parents can download the app for iOS and Play Store and should read the instructions before apply online.
Priorities in KVS admission 2020
1) Children of transferable and non-transferable Central government employees and children of ex- servicemen. This will also include children of Foreign National officials, who come on deputation or transfer to India on invitation by Govt. of India.
2) Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of Autonomous Bodies / Public Sector Undertaking/Institute of Higher Learning of the Government of India.
3) Children of transferable and non-transferable State Government employees.
4) Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of Autonomous Bodies/ Public Sector Undertakings/Institute of Higher Learning of the State Governments.
5) Children from any other category including the children of Foreign Nationals who are located in India due to their work or for any personal reasons. The children of Foreign Nationals would be considered only in case there are no Children of Indian Nationals wait-listed for admission.
Eligible age for KVS admission
A Child must be 5 years old as on 31st March in the academic year in which admission is sought for Class I. (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
The minimum and maximum age limit for admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas in various classes is given below: (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
|Class||Minimum age on 31st March of the
year in which admission is sought
|Maximum age on 31st March of the
year in which admission is sought
|I||5 years||7 years|
|II||6 years||8 years|
|III||7 years||9 years|
|IV||8 years||10 years|
|V||9 years||11 years|
|VI||10 years||12 years|
|VII||11 years||13 years|
|VIII||12 years||14 years|
|IX||13 years||15 years|
|X||14 years||16 years|
Reservations in KVS admission 2020
SC & ST Category: 15% seats for Scheduled Caste and 7.5% seats for Scheduled Tribes shall be reserved in all fresh admissions in all Kendriya Vidyalayas.
Differently abled category: 3% seats of total available seats for fresh admission will be horizontally reserved for Differently Abled-children as per the provisions of RTE Act, 2009 read in conjunction with Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995.
Admission for vacant seats in KVS
In case seats remain vacant after 30th June as the case may be, in the year of admission, Deputy Commissioner of the Region is empowered to allow admissions upto the prescribed strength as per priorities in admission up to 31st July.
Once the KVS releases the official notitification for KVS admission 2020, same will be updated here as well.
Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new VidyarthiMitra app. Download from Google Play
Aptitude Test | Career Counselling | Option From Filling | Admission Assistance |
Call 77200 25900 or 77200 81400
11th Admissions (FYJC) & DTE Cut-off | Cutoffs 2020 |