Higher Education

Higher Education

Chandigarh class 11th and 12th exams of government schools postponed

PUBLISH DATE 12th May 2020

Compartment examinations of classes IX and XI students of government schools of Chandigarh, which were to begin from May 15, have been postponed till further orders. Around 4,550 students were due to appear at these exams.

In a communication to school principals and heads, the UT education department has stated that new dates would be shared with the students a week before the exams begin.

Confirming the development, district education officer (DEO) Alka Mehta said, "Possibility of opening of schools is negligible at the moment as the number of Covid-19 cases is still going up. Therefore, the department has decided to postpone the exams. Now, the students have more time to prepare. They will be given a week's time for revision when the new dates are fixed."

Although the department has not decided the new dates, Mehta hinted that the exams would be held only after schools reopen.

Around 4,550 students got compartments in classes IX and XI this year. Results were announced on April 20 after allotting 30 grace marks. The pass percentage of Class IX was 72.2%, and the remaining 27.8% (around 4,000) students were put under compartment. In Class XI, 550 students got compartment.

The decision comes as a relief to students, who had been calling the helpline to know if the May 5 date stands, as many of them are from periphery areas and some even from affected areas.

National & State Level Free Mock Exams MHT-CET, JEE & NEET
Registration: Up to 11 May 2020 On Vidyarthimitra.org/abvpmockexam

Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new VidyarthiMitra app. Download from Google Play

Aptitude Test | Career Counselling | Option From Filling | Admission Assistance | 

Call 77200 25900 or 77200 81400

11th Admissions (FYJC) & DTE Cut-off | Cutoffs 2020 |

For all latest Govt Jobs 2019Railway JobsBank Jobs and SSC Jobs log on to https://goo.gl/YPjt94 We bring you fastest and relevant notifications on Bank, Railways and Govt Jobs. Stay Connected

| Cutoffs & Opening Closing Ranks => CSAB 2020 | JoSSA 2020 | MHT-CET 2020 | MBA 2020 | Pharmacy 2020 | Polytechnic 2020