The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts National Eligibility Test (NET) on behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC) for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the eligibility for Assistant Professor post only or Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor both, in Indian Universities and Colleges.
UGC NET comprises two papers — Paper I and Paper II. The exam will be conducted in two shifts. Paper -I will be held from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm and Paper-II will be from 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm.
Paper I of UGC NET is a common test for all the students which is of 100 marks. Paper I is considered easier than Paper II. If you can score well in Paper I, then the chances of acing NET exam is higher. Read more to check out the unit-wise important topics and some tips that you can consider while preparing for UGC NET Paper 1.
The Paper I assess the candidate's teaching and research capabilities. It has divided into 10 units as follows — Teaching Aptitude, Research Aptitude, Comprehension, Comprehension, Communication, Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), People - Development and Environment, and Higher Education System.
Unit 1 - Teaching Aptitude
- Acquire knowledge in characteristics of teacher and learners
- Knowledge in Methods of teaching in Institutions of higher learning, Teaching Support System, and Evaluation Systems are important
- Prefer authentic sources like Trueman’s or Arihant for preparing study materials
- Prepare handy short notes for easy revision
- Practice all questions on Teaching aptitude
- Note: This unit is theoretical. It is a general topic to score well.
Unit 2 - Research Aptitude
- Focus on topics like Research, Methods of Research, Steps of Research etc
- Study about the Format and styles of referencing
Unit 3 - Reading Comprehension
- Practice comprehension from books or features
- The level of comprehension would be easy
- Practice is the best key to score well for this unit
Unit 4 - Communication
- Study about types of communication & effective communication
- Focus on each sub-topics for the better understanding
Unit 5 - Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- Focus on types of reasoning
- Make short notes on Mathematical Aptitude topic to make your preparation easy
- you can refer to Arihant publications or other competitive exam books
Unit 6 - Logical Reasoning
- Focus on Analogie, Venn diagram, Indian Logic, Pramanas, Structure and kinds of Anumana
- Understanding the structure of argument is essential to score well in this section
Unit 7 - Data Interpretation
- Study about Quantitative and Qualitative Data
- Focus on Data Interpretation and Data and Governance
- Graphical representation (Bar-chart, Histograms, Pie-chart, Table-chart and Line-chart) and mapping of Data
Unit 8 - Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- You can refer to CBSE 10th class books to learn about basic concepts
- Make a note on General abbreviations and terminology and revise regularly
Unit 9 - People, Development and Environment
- Focus on major topics like Development and environment, Human and environment interaction, Environmental issues, Impacts of pollutants on human health
- Study about Natural and energy resources, Natural hazards and disasters & other topics in the unit to score well
Unit 10 - Higher Education System
- Study about topics like Institutions of higher learning and education in ancient India, Professional, Technical and Skill Based education, Policies, Governance, and Administration to get an upper hand in the unit.
- Focus on topics like Evolution of higher learning and research in Post Independence India.
- Along with the above-mentioned topics, candidates should also
- have sound knowledge about current affairs, general knowledge to score well in the UGC NET Paper I. Candidates are also advised to solve previous year question papers to understand the exam pattern and manage time effectively during the exam.
Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new VidyarthiMitra app. Download from Google Play
Aptitude Test | Career Counselling | Option From Filling | Admission Assistance |
Call 77200 25900 or 77200 81400
'विद्यार्थी मित्र' जॉईन करा आणि मिळवा न्यूज, नोकरी, शासकीय व निमशासकीय नोकऱ्यांच्या जाहिराती व माहिती अगदी विनामूल्य ते ही आपल्या व्हॉटस्अॅपवर किंवा* *टेलेग्राम (https://t.me/VidyarthiMitra) हा मोबाईल नं. सेव्ह करून आपले <नाव> <शहराचे नाव> <नोकरी> ७७२०० २५९०० मेसेज पाठवा