Entrance Exams

Entrance Exams

SPPU explores online exams with 70% multiple choice questions

PUBLISH DATE 16th April 2020

Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) authorities are exploring the option of online examinations for its graduate and postgraduate students on the basis of 70% multiple choice questions, while the remaining 30% would be internal marks.

At a recent meeting held through video conferencing with heads of colleges affiliated to SPPU, university vice-chancellor Nitin Karmalkar overruled any promotion of students without examinations because of the lockdown in the wake of the Covid-19 outbreak.

A college head said the probability of online exams was explored during the meeting and the proposal for multiple choice questions (MCQ) was submitted to the state government. He said the meeting emphasized that the new term in colleges should start from July 1-7.

When contacted on Wednesday, Karmalkar refused to comment on the MCQ pattern for the exams. He told TOI that the university was awaiting the University Grants Commission's guidelines that were expected within three-four days.

Sir Parshurambhau College principal Dilip Sheth said the MCQ pattern has never been used in college and university exams. "All exams conducted by the university are of traditional methods, such as descriptive and one line answers and fill-in-the-blank format. After our college attained autonomy this year, we introduced 20 marks MCQs for first-year," he said.

University officials said students, particularly in remote areas, unable to write the online exams due to poor connectivity would have to appear for the papers after the lockdown exit. The officials said the exams would be conducted following the state's approva and held in SPPU's all three divisions - Pune, Nashik and Ahmednaga.

SPPU controller of examination, Mahesh Kakade said, "The governor appointed committee, headed by the SPPU vice-chancellor, will decide how to conduct the examinations."

Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new VidyarthiMitra app. Download from Google Play

Aptitude Test | Career Counselling | Option From Filling | Admission Assistance | 

Call 77200 25900 or 77200 81400

11th Admissions (FYJC) & DTE Cut-off | Cutoffs 2020 |

For all latest Govt Jobs 2019Railway JobsBank Jobs and SSC Jobs log on to https://goo.gl/YPjt94 We bring you fastest and relevant notifications on Bank, Railways and Govt Jobs. Stay Connected

| Cutoffs & Opening Closing Ranks => CSAB 2020 | JoSSA 2020 | MHT-CET 2020 | MBA 2020 | Pharmacy 2020 | Polytechnic 2020