Odisha Joint Entrance Exam (OJEE) is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the OJEE Cell for admission to B.Pharm, MBA/PGDM, MCA, and M.Tech courses. The exam will be held in the computer-based test (CBT) mode for different papers. Based on OJEE 2021 scores, candidates can apply for admission to various programmes offered by OJEE participating colleges. OJEE is also conducted for admission to Lateral Entry B.Tech, MCA/Lateral Entry MCA courses. According to the updates on the official website, OJEE 2021 was scheduled to be conducted between June 17 to June 24, but the dates were extended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. OJEE 2021 MBA was conducted on September 15, 2021, in three shifts. Biju Pattanaik Film and Television Institute of Odisha (BPFTIO), is going to offer four years degree programme for the academic Session 2021-22 in Cinematic Art and Technology in three prime disciplines, i.e., Cinematography, Sound Recording and Sound Design and Film editing. Earlier, the last date to register for BCAT was September 20 but had been extended by four days. Candidates who appeared for Special OJEE have been awarded ranks in the entrance exam from 1100001.
OJEE Exam Overview
- OJEE is a state-government controlled centralized entrance exam conducted for admissions to various private and government colleges in Odisha
- The exam is conducted once every year in the computer-based test mode
- The OJEE exam is usually of moderate difficulty level and is easier than the other MBA exam such as CAT, XAT, ATMA
- OJEE has four sections - Quantitative Techniques, Verbal Reasoning and Comprehension, Analytical and Logical Reasoning and General Awareness and Business Fundamentals
- OJEE exam has multiple-choice questions for all courses
- The duration for the BPharma exam is three hours, for LE BTech, LE BSc/ LE, MCA/LE MCA, MBA, MTech and MArch the duration is two hours and for Mpharm, Integrated MBA and LE BPharm the duration is one hour
- OJEE Cell also conducts Special OJEE for admissions to BTech courses for students who could not appear for JEE Main
OJEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
OJEE eligibility criteria vary for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. The minimum eligibility to apply for various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes is:
- The candidate must have completed Class 12 or any equivalent examination from a recognised board to apply for undergraduate courses
- The candidate must hold a diploma or bachelor's degree from a relevant stream to apply for lateral entry courses
- The candidate must be a graduate in any relevant discipline from a recognised university
OJEE 2021 eligibility criteria for undergraduate programmes
- B.Pharma - Candidates should have qualified Class 12 examination in science stream with a minimum of 45% aggregate can apply for the OJEE 2021 exam. There is no prescribed age limit for admission to the B.Pharma programme.
- BHMS/BAMS - Candidates should have completed Class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology) with a minimum of 50% aggregate in all three subjects taken together. The prescribed lower age limit is 17 years as of December 31, 2020.
Note: OJEE exam is not conducted for admission to MBBS, BDS, BE/B.Tech. The applicants will be admitted based on NEET and JEE Main respectively.
OJEE 2021 eligibility criteria for postgraduate programmes
- MBA - The candidate must hold a graduation degree in any relevant discipline or equivalent or bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy of four years duration with a minimum 50% aggregate. Students in their final year are also eligible to apply. There is no prescribed age limit defined for MBA programmes.
- MTech - The candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate or above in their graduation from a relevant discipline. Students in the final year of the qualifying examination can also apply. No age limit is prescribed for admission to M.Tech programmes.
- MCA - Candidate should have completed their graduation of a minimum of three years duration in any discipline with a minimum of 50% and should have studied Mathematics at 10+2 or undergraduate level. Final years students are also eligible to apply for MCA. There is no age bar for admission to MCA programme.
- MArch - Candidates should have completed their bachelor's in Architecture with a minimum aggregate of 50% to be eligible to apply for M.Arch. Candidates in the final year of the qualifying exam can also apply. No age limit is prescribed by the OJEE board for admission.
- MPharma - Candidates must have completed their graduation in Pharmacy with at least 50% or more. No age bar is defined by the board for admission. Final year students can also apply.