Top College in Maharashtra

Top College in Maharashtra

Matoshree Kamaltai Thamke BSS Gokunda's Rajarshee Shahu Maharaj Polytechnic,Kinwat,Nanded.
Matoshree Kamaltai Thamke BSS Gokunda's Rajarshee Shahu Maharaj Polytechnic,Kinwat,Nanded.
Location Nanded
Type Unaided Private
University SWAMI RAMANAND TEERTH MARATHWADA UNIVERSITY, NANDED
Code UNIR405

 Polytechnic

Contact Information


Matoshree Kamaltai Thamke BSS Gokunda's Rajarshee Shahu Maharaj Polytechnic,Kinwat,Nanded.

Survey No. 52, Kothari (Ch.) , Kinwat Nanded , 431811

 2469 - 222060
 http://www.mktbss.org

DTE CODE 2195 & College Status- Un-Aided, Non-Autonomous, Religious Minority - Buddhist

The station began operations on September 3, 1955;[1] it has been owned by the Wray family since its sign-on, and was originally owned alongside KTBS radio (710 AM, now KEEL). The Wrays also owned several other radio stations in Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas, these stations were known as the Tri-State Broadcasting System, from which the station's call letters are taken. The radio stations were sold off in the late 1950s, but the Wrays (who are also the owners of a car dealership franchise in Shreveport) have retained channel 3 to this day. It can also mean Texarkana, Bossier, Shreveport.

A plaque with the 1996–2005 version of the station logo, outside the KTBS studios on East Kings Highway.

The station originally operated as a primary NBC affiliate, although it shared ABC programming with KSLA-TV (channel 12). In 1960, Shreveport and Texarkana, Texas were collapsed into a single television market. Texarkana-based KTAL-TV (channel 6) took over the NBC affiliation for the enlarged market, leaving KTBS as Louisiana's second full-time ABC affiliate (after WVUE-TV in New Orleans, which became a full-time ABC station in 1957; it is now a Fox affiliate). Over the years, KTBS has become one of the strongest ABC affiliates in the country. In an era where most major network stations are owned by large media companies, KTBS is one of the few major network affiliates that remains locally owned to this day.