Bachelor of Architecture
VMV Road, Near Kathora Naka, Amravati
|Category||CAP Round -III 2018|
|OP Rank||CL Rank|
DTE CODE 1002 & College Status- Government, Autonomous, Non-Minority
Government College of Engineering, Amravati, was established in 1964 by the Government of Maharashtra, along with three other Government institutes at Pune, Aurangabad, and Karad. It was initially affiliated to Nagpur University and later on shifted to Amravati University in 1982. The Institute started with three basic disciplines Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering initially. Subsequently degree programs in Electronic & Telecommunication, Computer Science & Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering and Information Technology were added as per the demand and requirements of the country. The institute started part time post graduate course in Electrical Power System in 1986 and later added four P.G. Courses in Thermal Power Engineering, Environmental, Geotechnical, and Electronics Systems and Communication. The institute also offers seven full time PG programs in Electrical Power Systems, Structures, Thermal Power Engineering., Environmental Engineering., Advanced Electronics, Computer Engineering and Geotechnical Engineering.