Top University in Meghalaya

Top University in Meghalaya

INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT,SHILLONG
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT,SHILLONG
Location Shillong
Type Institute of National Importance
NIRF 201621

IIM Shillong has been set up with a vision of providing good quality management education and research in the North Eastern region of India. The decision of coming up with an Indian Institute of Management in the North East was unanimously taken by the Union Minister of Human Resource Development along with the Chief Ministers of the North Eastern States in the Review Meeting held at Shillong during June 2004. Shillong was drafted as the permanent location for the institute after consultation between the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DONER) and the Chief Ministers of States of the region.

Located in the green contours of North Eastern part of the country, IIM Shillong which commenced operations in 2008, remains committed to its goal of excellence in management education and research so as to evolve into a nationally and internationally recognized educational institution.  Besides high quality standards and academic rigor, which are considered as the hallmark of an IIM, in IIM Shillong there is also emphasis on the ever growing significance of sustainable development and business practices. The Institute strives to impart to its students ethical values, compassionate behaviour, and concern for society. 

To ensure a holistic management education and to help the graduates grow into innovative leaders of the future, the Institute provides opportunities outside the classrooms as well, be it industrial interactions, sports competitions, cultural activities or entrepreneurial pursuits. The quality of instruction, rigorous course curriculum and exposures that the students get at IIM Shillong when coupled with their Summer Internship experience makes them adequately prepared and confident to face the challenges of the corporate world.

Compared to last year, the following is the major change in their admission criteria

  • GD ( Group Discussion ) has been re-introduced this year, instead of WSAT ( Essay writing ).

Admission Process:

The admission process for the PGP program comprises two phases

Phase 1 – Shortlisting for GD & PI

For consideration in this shortlist, following are the minimum requirements

Category Xth % XIIth % Grad % VA/RC %ile LR/DI %ile QA %ile

DA

50

50

45

50

50

50

ST

50

50

45

50

50

50

SC

55

55

50

60

60

60

Others

80

80

65

70

70

70

The candidates obtained from the above filtering are then classified into 7 academic categories. The applicants are segregated based on their academic category (AC 1 to AC 7) and reservation category.

Applicants of each academic category will be shortlisted proportional to their representation in the overall number of applicants. For instance, if 70% of the overall applicants belong to AC-4, then 70% of the shortlisted candidates would be belonging to that category.

Within each academic category, the percentage of calls given to the candidates of each reservation category is listed below:

  • No. of calls to the DA category candidates = 3.0% of total calls
  • No. of calls to the ST category candidates = 7.5% of total calls
  • No. of calls to the SC category candidates = 15.0% of total calls
  • No. of calls to the Other category candidates = 74.5% of total calls

The required number of candidates from each academic category and reservation category will be called for the GD and PI round based on their CAT Score.

Phase 2 – Merit Listing for Admission Offer

Scores of GD and PI of each shortlisted candidate will be clubbed together. These values are then normalized. These normalized scores will account for 70% and normalized CAT scores will account for the remaining 30% of the final score that will be used for final selection of candidates.

Final Merit Score = 20% (Normalized GD score ) + 50% ( Normalized PI Score) + 30% (Normalized overall CAT score)

Candidates will need to ensure that they meet the minimum cutoff performance in the GD & PI round in order to land a final admission. The cutoff in terms of a percentage of minimum performance in GD & PI to the maximum possible score in the round is different across reservation categories. Following is the corresponding table -

Category Cutoff as Minimum Percentage of Performance out of Maximum Possible Combined Performance in PI

DA

20

ST

20

SC

20

Others

30

Source

Contact Information


INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT,SHILLONG

Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management Mayurbhanj Complex, Nongthymmai, Shillong – 793014 East Khasi Hills District, Meghalaya, India


 http://www.iimshillong.ac.in

Recent News View All