The exam dates for GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) 2018 have been announced on its official website.
The registration process for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) has been extended, all the candidates who want to apply can do so through the official website, gate.iitm.ac.in by October 1.
The dates of submitting application fee has also been extended, the candidates have to pay Rs 500 extra during the extended period from September 23 to October 1, 2018.
The exam is conducted for admissions to post-graduate programmes (e.g., ME, MTech, direct PhD) in Indian institutes of higher education with financial assistance provided by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and other government agencies.
This exam requires a lot of preparation, proper planning and management.
HERE ARE 10 TIPS ON HOW TO CRACK THE EXAMINATION AND SCORE FULL MARKS:
1. Preparation time for GATE depends on many factors, such as individual's aptitude, attitude, fundamentals, concentration level, etc
2. Generally, rigorous preparation for four to six months is considered good, but it may vary from student to student
3. Candidate should refer to the syllabus and analyse the exam pattern using previous years' papers and prepare accordingly
4. It is important to know what to study, but it is more important to know what not to study
5. A clear understanding of the underlying concepts is a must since the questions asked in GATE exam will test the level and depth of understanding of concepts
6. As all subjects don't have equal marks, few subjects are preferred over others
7. Make a list of topics which need to be studied based on the number of questions which have appeared from the topic in the previous years' GATE examinations
8. Identify topics which have fetched more marks and give more importance to them during your preparation
9. Create a timetable for study of topics and follow it strictly. While studying any topic, make sure to highlight important points like key definitions, equations, derivations, theorems, laws, etc
10. Allocate preparation time to subjects based on the number and frequency of questions asked in previous examinations.
- Article by Dr Rajiv Kapoor, a Pearson author and nationally renowned subject matter expert.
Books play a very important role for the preparation of any kind of examination. The following table shows the names of the books which every aspirant must study:
Upcoming Entrance Exams Details 2018-19
Exam date:25 Nov 2018
Last date of Application: 19 Sept 2018
Exam date: 02 Sept 2018
Last date of Application: 24 Aug, 2018,
Exam date: 02nd Feb 2019
Last date of Application: 1st Oct. 2018
Exam date: 4 Nov 2018
Last date of Application: 14 Sept 2018
Exam date:18 Nov 2018
Last date of Application: 3 Sept 2018
Exam date:16 Dec 2018
Last date of Application:1 Aug 2018
Exam date:6 Jane 2019
Last date of Application: 30 Nov 2018