Vocational Courses Admissions

Vocational Courses Admissions

New board for ITI trainees

PUBLISH DATE 10th August 2017

Central board to be set up to certify ITI trainees

The skill development ministry has proposed a new central board of certification for those undergoing training at Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) that will grant certificates that are equivalent to Class X and XII certificates, Union skill development and entrepreneurship minister Rajiv Pratap Rudy said on Wednesday .

“It has been decided inprinciple to set up a central certification board to give equivalent certificates to students of ITIs, which currently number around 2.3 million.The HRD ministry will notify it soon,“ Rudy said.

He added that around 70% weight would be given to technical training while the remaining 30% will be based on performance in elective subjects opted by those undergoing skill training. The ministry had earlier tied up with the National Institute of Open Schooling and is also in talks with Central Board of Secondary Education for a tie-up.