JEE Main 2018 registrations open, apply online from 10 am on jeemain.nic.in, read important instructions here
JEE Main 2018 online applications start today, apply now on jeemain.nic.in
New Delhi: Joint Entrance Examination, JEE Main 2018 registrations would start from today on its official website jeemain.nic.in. Aspirants can apply online on the official website. The link has been placed and the form is expected to be made available from 10 am today. Before candidates apply, there are a few things that they ought to know. Listed below are the important things that you should check out before you apply.
Please note that the information bulletin for JEE Main 2018 was released by CBSE on November 24. The eligibility criteria have been explained thoroughly in the official notification. All students are advised to go through the eligibility criteria carefully before filling the online application form. Also, the JEE Main 2018 eligibility criteria are explained here. Candidates can also check the link to understand the eligibility including the age limit, the number of attempts criteria and educational qualification. Here are the other things that candidates ought to know before starting their online application. Related News | JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria explained
Important Instructions for Candidates before they apply online for JEE Main 2018
1. Aadhaar Card has been made compulsory for the JEE Main 2018 registration. Candidates can check the Aadhaar Card clause and what are the exceptions explained here. Related Link | JEE MAin 2018, all you need to know about mandatory aadhaar card clause
2. Candidates who are writing the JEE Main 2018 with the aim of writing the JEE Advanced 2018 must also read the revised eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced. Please note, while the number of attempts allowed in JEE Main 2018 is three, the limit of attempts for JEE Advanced is capped at 2. Hence, students are advised to check the new eligibility criteria provided in the link above before filling the form.
3. Please make sure you are filling the correct online application form. The official website for JEE Main 2017 is jeemain.nic.in. Candidates are advised to copy the link in a window and go to the official website. Link to the JEE Main 2018 website is also available on CBSE website and in the Umang App.
4. Please note, it is advised to fill the online application forms from a desktop or a laptop pc. Avoid filling the forms on the mobile devices or i-pads.
5. Candidates would be required to upload their picture and signature on the website. The picture must be in a proper format as specified in the instructions given in the JEE Main 2018 information bulletin. Also, parents would also have to upload their signature to the form. The size and specification of the uploads is also provided below.
6. Candidates are also requested to be very careful while filling the details. While candidates may be allowed to make minor corrections in the image upload, there is no guarantee CBSE would open an edit window. Also, personal information cannot be changed once registered. Candidature registered more than once on the same id would be summarily rejected.
7. Aspirants are also advised to carefully go through the list of centers available. Please note, pen and paper mode is not available in all centers. Also, the Paper II of JEE Main 2018 for admission to B. Arch courses would be conducted only in pen and paper mode on April 8, 2018, in the afternoon. All aspirants are requested to carefully go through the center list before filling the options. The facility to change the center once applied for, would not be provided to the candidates. Related Link | JEE Main 2018 Offline vs Online Paper mode explained
JEE Main 2018 would be conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE. The pen and paper mode of the examination would be conducted across centers on April 8, 2018 and the online examination are scheduled for April 15 and 16 across various centers. All aspirants are requested to kindly go through the information bulletin in detail before filling the online aplication form.