The Bombay high court on Friday lifted a stay on online admissions to proceed for three-year LLB admissions. The HC accepted a statement of Mumbai University counsel Rui Rodrigues that all 477 results are declared.
State CET cell for law studies can now proceed with the admissions as the second extension of stay granted by the court earlier to upload online applications expires at 11.59pm on Friday .
A bench of Justices Anoop Mohta and Bharati Dangre directed the university to file its reply on the issues of delayed declaration of results and remedial steps for future examinations.
The HC had on September 6 extended the deadline for online admission to three-year law degree courses to September 22 as Mumbai University had sought time till September 19 to ensure all marksheets reach all 775 colleges across state.
The university was taken to court over delay in declaration of results of the sixth and final semester of undergraduate courses following “glitches“ in its onli ne assessment system.
Several students had moved court as the delay was affecting their law college admissions to the three-year course after graduation in arts, commerce and science courses.
The CET cell had already, on its own, extended the online admission deadline earlier twice and the court had too.
While the university had said there were teething troubles in the new online assessment system, Mihir Desai, counsel for teachers' union, had at an earlier hearing said the issue needs to be tackled to prevent a repeat delay next semester. He said computers and internet connectivity needs to be adequately provided and the system streamlined.