B.Sc. HOSPITALITY & HOTEL ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM
The Bachelor of Science program in Hospitality and Hotel Administration is offered jointly by the National Council for Hotel Management and the Indira Gandhi National Open University. The Three-Year (Six Semester) course equips students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the Hospitality sector. The program involves in-depth laboratory work for students to acquire required knowledge and skill standards in the operational areas of Food Production, Food & Beverage Service, Front Office Operation and House Keeping. It also provides managerial inputs in Hotel Accountancy, Food Safety & Quality, Human Resource Management, Facility Planning, Financial Management, Strategic Management, Tourism Marketing and Management.
A pass in 10+2 system of Senior Secondary examination or its equivalent with English as one of the subjects. Candidate must have passed English as a subject of study (core/elective/functional) in the qualifying examination.
Those appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear in JEE 2017 on provisional basis. Provisional admission will stand cancelled if proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) is not submitted at the time of counselling or at the time of admission or latest by 30.09.2017
The offer of admission is subject to verification of original certificates/documents at the time of admission. If any candidate is found ineligible at a later date even after admission to an Institute, his/her admission will stand cancelled.
QUALIFYING EXAMINATIONS FOR INDIAN STUDENTS
* Plus two level examination in the 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education of any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination or State Boards of Secondary Education.
* Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
* General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
* High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
* Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in a foreign country recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education.
* H.S.C. Vocational Examination approved by NCVT and SCVT of concerned state.
* Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects including English as one of the Subjects, result of which should be available upto 30.09.2017.
* Admission to first year of B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration program is strictly based on the All India Rank (AIR) earned by the candidate in the written test of JEE.
* Ranks are based on the marks obtained by the candidate in written examination. No group discussion or interviews are involved.
* Counselling involves checking of eligibility of candidates, verification of documents, depositing of counselling and first semester fee and opportunity to opt for choice of Institutes as available at the time of his/her counselling as per his / her AIR. Candidates should give as many choices after careful evaluation of Institutes based on information available in their respective websites.
* Allotment of Institute shall be as per merit (AIR) and choice of Institute exercised by the candidate.
PATTERN FOR WRITTEN EXAMINATION
Duration- 3.00 Hrs.
S. N Subject No. of Question
1 Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude 30
2 Reasoning and Logical Deduction 30
3 General Knowledge & Current Affairs 30
4 English Language 60
5 Aptitude for Service Sector 50