|Application Start Date||Application End Date|
Eligibility Criteria For BDS Course
:: ADMISSION TO THE BACHELOR OF DENTAL SURGERY (BDS) COURSE ::
-: Age Restriction :-
♦ He/She shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, of the year of admission to the BDS course.
-: Educational Qualification :-
He/She has passed qualifying examination as under :-
1. The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council for Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on education.
Notes : Where the course content is not as prescribed for 10+2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will have to undergo a period of one year pre-professional training before admission to the dental colleges.
2. The intermediate examination in science of an Indian University/Board or other recognized examination body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.
3. The pre-professional/pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination, or the pre-university or an equivalent examination. The pre-professional/pre-medical examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and also English as a compulsory subjects.
4. The first year of the three years degree course of a recognized university, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in three subjects provided the examination is a “University Examination” and candidate has passed 10+2 with English at a level not less than a core course.
5. B.Sc examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the B. Sc examination with not less than two of the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with the following subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
6. Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in each of these subjects and English.
♦Marks obtained in Mathematics are not to be considered for admission to BDS Course. ♦After the 10+2 course is introduced, the integrated courses should be abolished.