The Indian Institute of Packaging (IIP) is a national apex body which was set up in 1966 by the packaging and allied industries and the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India, with the speci c objective of improving the packaging standards in the country. The Institute is an autonomous body working under the administrative control of the Ministry of Commerce The Institute endeavours to improve the standard of packaging needed for the promotion of exports and create infrastructural facilities for overall packaging improvement in India. This is achieved through the Institute’s multifarious activities which are today, in line with those of premier packaging institutes the world over. The institute aims to make India a focal point for contemporary developments in Art, Science, Technology and Engineering, with respect to the eld of Packaging.The Institute began in a very humble way, with an oﬃce at Mumbai. It has now expanded, with its Head Quarters at Mumbai and centres located at Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai and Ahmedabad
The two-year programme leads to a Post Graduate Diploma in Packaging.
IIP works in close association with International organisations. IIP is a founder member of Asian Packaging Federation (APF) and World Packaging Organisation (WPO).
In recent times, with the globalisation of markets and trade, the role of packaging has assumed greater importance in marketing and distribution of agricultural produce, value added products, industrial products and mass produced consumer goods. As a result, there is now a demand for technically qualiBed cadre of people who can undertake design, development, production, quality control as well as make eﬀective use of modern packaging technology.There are over 7,000 organised industrial units and nearly 4,50,000 small industries in India who use or produce packaging materials and require qualiBed technical personnel.
Eligibility: Maximum Age 30 years as on 31/05/2019
(Age relaxation : 3 years for OBC & 5 years for SC/ST)
A candidate seeking admission for the Post Graduate Programme should have passed the full time (not by correspondence or part time) Graduate degree examination in Science (12th + 3 years degree entire 5 years in science only) with Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics Microbiology or Biochemistry as the main subject or one of them as second subject in the three year degree or Agriculture / Food Science/ Polymer Science or Engineering / Technology degree of a AICTE/ recognised University with minimum second class. Those with equivalent overseas quali cation would also be eligible for admission. The candidate needs to have consistently high academic performance and sound general knowledge.
Candidates appearing in the nal year of the qualifying examinations can also apply, however, they must submit their results/ provisional results (as given by University) latest on the day of the personal interview and selection, as without their degree result, student are not eligible to appearing for personal interview and will be eliminated from the admission proces
Admission Criteria 2019 - 21, (See Prospectus-2019-21 for more details)
The prospective candidates are required to appear for the PDGP Common Entrance Test (PGDPCET) conducted by IIP which will be held on 13th June, 2019 and Personal Interview in the first week of July 2019 based on their performance in PGDPCET-2019.
Applicant must possess one of the following qualifications:
- Fresh Graduate / Graduate in Science / Engineering / Technology who have completed their education in the following area of specialization from recognized university or AICTE approved institution with minimum second class and maximum age of 30 years as on 31/05/2019 with age relaxation of 03 years for OBC and 05 years for SC/ST are eligible to apply.
- B. Sc. - Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Life Sciences, Material Science, Bio-Technology, Zoology, Botany, Agricultural Sciences, Horticultural Sciences, Veterinary sciences, Dairy science, Food Science & Applied Nutrition, Electronics, Environment Science, Polymer chemistry / science, Fishery Science, Nano Science.
- B. Pharm. Courses or 3 year B. Sc. in Pharmaceutical sciences
- B .Tech. / B.E. Courses – Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Civil, Bio Chemical / Bio Technology, Food Technology, Pulp & Paper Technology, Plastics Technology, Polymer Technology, Oils & surfactants Technology, Computer Tech / IT, Agricultural engineering, Dairy Technology /engineering, Pharmaceutical Technology, Green Technology, Nano Technology or any other Engineering / Technology.
- Click ONLINE Application on ONLINE Application Homepage
- Filling of ONLINE Application by the Registered Applicant
- Enter your personal, educational, employment details along with any extra-curricular activities you have (some fields are compulsory marked with red *).
- Either use 'Save And Continue Later' or 'Submit Finally' option.
- Upload documents using "Upload Documents" link . Compulsory documents are Photograph, Marks statement from X to Degree Certificate, Caste certificate for reserved applicants.
- ONLINE Application Form can not be edited further after using 'Continue and Submit' option. Hence, before clicking on 'Continue and Submit', you must check that all the information filled by you are correct.
- ONLINE Application will be processed only if 'Confirm and Submit' option is clicked.
- Do not keep the page idle for more than 30 minutes, otherwise the session will expire.
- Both Demand Draft (DD) and Online payment options (SBI online banking OR Credit Cards) are available.
- Either DD payment OR Online payment can be made only after final submission of ONLINE Application Form.
- DD in favor of 'Indian Institute of Packaging' payable at Mumbai.
- Application fee of Rs. 500.
- Sending Application form along with Payment
- On completion of ONLINE Application Form, please take printout and attach all relevant dully attested certificates along with the Demand Draft (if not paid online) to submit by person at T & E Division, HO Mumbai or regional centres or mail by Registered Post or Speed Post or Courier to "The Course Coordinator T & E Division E-2, MIDC Area, Andheri (East) Mumbai-400 093"
so as to reach the T & E Division, IIP Mumbai and Regional Centres on or before 07-06-2019. Write "PGDPCET-2019, ONLINE Application" on top of the envelope. Also, write your name and registration ID number on backside of demand draft.
- Please fill dd details at the bottom of the printout in the space provided.
- Taking ONLINE Application Printout
- Take ONLINE Application Printout by clicking on 'Print Form' option only after final submission
- The ONLINE Application Printout has the information filled in by you in the ONLINE Application. It also gives your Registration ID. Note down your Registration ID.
- Complete the ONLINE Application Printout, following the instructions given below (also attached with the ONLINE Application Printout):
- For Candidates who have made Online Payment please verify that the ONLINE Application printout contains the online payment transaction details at the end of the form.
- Other Details
- Application Registration ID.
- Date of ONLINE Application
- For any query, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your Registration ID
- You can check your application status by clicking on 'Check Your Status' after providing your Registration ID and Registered E-Mail
Please read these instructions carefully before filling up the ONLINE Application Form. Incomplete application will be rejected.
- PERSONAL DATA
- Full Name: Write your full name as recorded in class 10 certificate.
- E-Mail:Same Email address displayed (non-editable) as registered by applicant.
- Date of Birth: Write your date of birth as recorded in your birth certificate or class 10 certificate.
- Gender: Male (M), Female (F) Select the appropriate option.
- Phone: :Write your phone number with STD Code and mobile number. Mobile number is mandatory. Notifications will be sent by email and/or SMS.
- Nationality:Write your nationality.
- Category:Select from General (GN), Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Other Backward Classes (OBC-NC)(non-creamy layer) PH candidates have to apply under their respective category
- Person with Disability:Yes, No Select the appropriate option.
- Person if Army/Govt. Servant:Yes, No Select the appropriate option. Only Army/Govt. Sponsored applicants should select 'Yes'.
- Others [Please Specify]: Write if you belong to any other category.
- Address for correspondence:Write down contact address along with city, state and Pin number.
- EDUCATIONAL DATA
- Qualifying Degree Details:Fill in Qualifying from X-Degree (10th , 12th and and degree (B.Sc, B.E./B.TECH. or any other degree), Branch, Overall %, Grading, Class, Year of Completion, Institute/University, Rank (at College/University Level) (Mandatory fields include Qualifying Degree, Branch, Institute/University, Year of Completion, EITHER Overall % OR Grading) (B.Sc / B.E./B.TECH. applicants should fill Overall % / Grading (average of all semesters completed so far).
- Others :Enter any other degree you have with details
- WORK EXPERIENCE
- Employment Details: [As on 31-05-2019; start with the most recent] Enter Total Duration [in months] of your experience Fill in details like Organization, Designation, Responsibilities, From Date[MM-YYYY], To Date[MM-YYYY], Duration[in months]
- EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Extra-Curricular activities Details: Details related to the extra- curricular activities will be collected on the day of interview.
|Last date for reciving filled applications at IIP, Mumbai
||7th June, 2019
|Written PGDPCET-2018 in Mumbai and Regional Centres
||13th June, 2019 @ 11.00 am
|Display of short listed candidates at HO & Regional Centres
||25th June, 2019
|Personal Interviews at HO and Regional Centres
||1st – 2nd July, 2019 at Mumbai and 4th - 5th July, 2019 at Regional Centres.
|Final selection and display at HO and RC
||12th July, 2019
|Admission and Payment of fees
||12th – 23rd July, 2019
|Display of 2nd list (if applicable)
||24th July, 2019
|Admission and Payment of fees for 2nd list candidates
||24th – 31st July, 2019
|Commencement of the course
||6st August, 2019
- CHECK LIST
- Demand Draft
- Application fee of Rs. 500
- Payable to – Indian Institute of Packaging
- Payable at Mumbai
- Make Online Payment
- SBI online banking
- Credit Cards
- Mailing Address
- The Course Coordinator, Indian Institute of Packaging (IIP), E-2, MIDC Area, Andheri (East) Mumbai-400 093
- Last date to receive the documents
- 7th June, 2019
- Payable to – Indian Institute of Packaging
- Payable at Mumbai
Online Mock Exam: NEET JEE MHT CET 2019
Click to View| Upcoming Entrance Exams
India's Leading Educational Web Portal now available on Google play store https://goo.gl/HbsLr2
Check FYJC & ALL COURSES UNDER DTE & DMER - Previous & Current Year Cutoff | http://vidyarthimitra.org/rank_predictor