|Application Start Date||Application End Date|
IIT Bhilai is an institute of national importance declared as such under the Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act 2016 to provide for education and research in various branches of engineering, technology, science, and arts.
IIT Bhilai invites applications for admission to Sponsored PhD programs in the departments of Computer Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics and Chemistry for the session starting from December 2017.
Eligibility criteria for PhD admissions
A. Applicants must have ONE of the following in appropriate subject areas.
1. Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent degree, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST).
2. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST).
3. Master’s degree in science or equivalent degree, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST).
B. Applicants must also fulfill ONE of the following additional requirements.
1. Valid GATE Score (consult Table 1).
2. Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR or DST INSPIRE Fellowship.
3. Minimum of 2 years of professional experience. The experience gained while acquiring Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or experience acquired after obtaining the qualifying degree and completed before the starting of the semester in which admission is sought may be considered as professional experience.
4. CPI/CGPA of 8.0 or more for BTech from an IIT.